Busy Brain

    



      For this sound project I had a lot of ideas that I couldn't find the energy to do. Eventually I decided on a different idea that reflected the current state of my brain at the time. I wanted to display the mental state of feeling overwhelmed in the moment with a simple audio recording while transforming it a little bit with reverb and echo effects that trigger at different points in the recording. 

    To make the audio, I recorded me typing something on a document along with doing some extra things to make the audio feel more immersive. In editing I chopped the audio down into segments where I added effects to make it more stimulating to the ears, probably not in a comfortable way but that was the point. 

    "The young today reject goals. They want roles — R-O-L-E-S. That is, total involvement. They do not want fragmented, specialized goals or jobs." - Mcluhan. This quote resonated with me a little bit because to me it speaks to something that I want in life. I don't want to mindlessly do the same thing over and over again for a specialized profession. I want something engaging to avoid this feeling of burnout that I've been experiencing lately.

    Over the past week I've been mentally stunted by a lot of things that have hindered my drive to work so I decided to express that through this audio assignment. Honestly, it did make me feel a little bit better and somehow relieved a little bit of the weight off of my shoulders. 

Comments

Popular Posts